Friday, November 9, 2012
The Bible
No matter whos it is, no matter how it is written, a bible is a bible and tries to get its' morals across. My favorite book is The Bible, the best inspiring stories come from it. I can relate to it, everyday, at any time, under any circumstance. The Bible is special to me, because it is what made my family my grandparents, my great grandparents, and majorly close friends- who they are today. Granted, we do not always follow its' council but that is only because we can not. We are imperfect, God knows this. I believe that it is the effort that counts. No one I have ever met was purely evil, they always had a reason. Whether it was the way they grew up to the way people mistreated them, they never acted unjustly and tried to give any other excuse. One scripture that has really opened my eyes and screamed out to me was James 1:22 which says "Become doers of the word, not only hearers." This means that we can listen all we want, but without applying the direction to our daily life, it will just go in one ear and out the other. My past was not based on following the scriptures, right now, I am trying. Although, my future is definitely relying on it and my faith to help me follow my dreams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment