Friday, September 14, 2012

A trip to remember...

    This summer had to be my most laziest, though it was relaxing, I felt like I did nothing at all. Except for one thing, something that really gave me a different perspective on life. A trip to Mohican Wilderness... Once I escaped the T.v. computer, and cell phone service world; I experienced life through nature. Campfires and canoe trips, brought me to the realization on how life is suppose to be. The natural beauty of the earth brought me satisfaction! Thinking I'd be scared of the big, colorful bugs; or the wet, brown mud; I was surprised with myself mostly because I barely thought about those things the whole time. Feeling so free as I'd run through the cold water, while the rays of the sun cut through the trees; striking me with it's warmth. Searching for flat rocks, I find one, holding tight to it with my index finger on the bottom and my thumb on top; I bend my arm back... Then snap! 1...2...3.. It sinks. The excitement it brings just to see the ripples in the water. There's nothing better. When it'd rain I would tilt my head back and cherish every drop while looking up. Embracing this moments, bringing them home with me, make me think of paradise. That compared to seeing what people tweet about, is actually a feeling worthwhile.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I was able to go camping a couple of times this summer and it is definitely something I want to do more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That thing where you said you tilt your head back when it was raining reminds me of the ending to the movie click where he is running through the rain after his family

    ReplyDelete