Ever since the internet became a good use, students in many schools around the world have misused it. We face an issue in this century, an issue that moves teens to take tragic steps toward hurting themselves, others, or even committing suicide. This harassment and embarrassment through the internet involves rude, hurtful comments about the way people look, smell, speak and much more. This harmful action is known as cyber bullying. Why do people do this? I believe that the people who bully over the internet have a lack of security in themselves. Many have grown up in homes with no parents or parents that paid absolutely no attention to them. People like this are mentally/ emotionally unstable. Many times children can easily type something on the computer, but when it comes to confronting a person in front of their face, they back down. In schools, fighting, gossiping, and harassment can get one expelled. So instead of getting kicked out of school, kids think it is easier to "trash talk" over the internet where everyone else can see and laugh. They let themselves be entertained at the cruel words spread about one person. True or not, these comments should NOT be shared with the whole world. I have personally been cyber bullied myself, by a girl in my school. She did this to my friend as well. I have more kindness in my heart than to spread her name around the internet. I respect her even though she has brought me much heart ache. Actually, I truthfully feel so sorry for her. I wish she did not embarrass herself as much as she has. Now why did I not bully back? I am not weak. I have more strength. Never fight fire back. Just blow it out so to speak. If I seen someone allowing themselves to get bullied, I would speak up, which I have. Telling someone is always better than holding it in. I would know this... So speak up! Stay strong and stand tall! I am not alone. I never will be. For those who find bullying a hobby, think before you act! If people could just realize that everyone in some way is equal... Evey one will be much happier.Friday, February 8, 2013
Cyber Bullying - STOP
Ever since the internet became a good use, students in many schools around the world have misused it. We face an issue in this century, an issue that moves teens to take tragic steps toward hurting themselves, others, or even committing suicide. This harassment and embarrassment through the internet involves rude, hurtful comments about the way people look, smell, speak and much more. This harmful action is known as cyber bullying. Why do people do this? I believe that the people who bully over the internet have a lack of security in themselves. Many have grown up in homes with no parents or parents that paid absolutely no attention to them. People like this are mentally/ emotionally unstable. Many times children can easily type something on the computer, but when it comes to confronting a person in front of their face, they back down. In schools, fighting, gossiping, and harassment can get one expelled. So instead of getting kicked out of school, kids think it is easier to "trash talk" over the internet where everyone else can see and laugh. They let themselves be entertained at the cruel words spread about one person. True or not, these comments should NOT be shared with the whole world. I have personally been cyber bullied myself, by a girl in my school. She did this to my friend as well. I have more kindness in my heart than to spread her name around the internet. I respect her even though she has brought me much heart ache. Actually, I truthfully feel so sorry for her. I wish she did not embarrass herself as much as she has. Now why did I not bully back? I am not weak. I have more strength. Never fight fire back. Just blow it out so to speak. If I seen someone allowing themselves to get bullied, I would speak up, which I have. Telling someone is always better than holding it in. I would know this... So speak up! Stay strong and stand tall! I am not alone. I never will be. For those who find bullying a hobby, think before you act! If people could just realize that everyone in some way is equal... Evey one will be much happier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"think before you act!" I like that statement!
ReplyDeleteGreat words of encouragement and advice!
ReplyDelete