Friday, September 7, 2012

Aliyah Segarra

Part 1:
Aliyah.
Thought it was a unique name
For a girl who wants to find fame
Turns out that it doesn't matter
Cause if I wasn't me, my life would shatter
If my life is swirling
I wouldn't want to stop doing everything I do so quick
I'd take it slow
As if I'd stir hot coffee with a stick
See to me, I'm just a girl
To others, my life is "a whole new world"
The clothes I wear
Styles of my hair
Don't determine who I am
I like pancakes, bacon & ham
Like the beautiful Aaliyah who passed
Or that lovely Aliyah in freshmen class
Same name
Our own stories
Many people look at life as a game
I have no worries
"High Exalted One", my name means
From Arabic origin, I gleam
I guess my first name describes half of me
What's my last name got to be?

Part 2:
Segarra
To me each letter has it's own title
S- Self respect
For a young girl who's been through hell, what else would you expect
E- Eternal happiness
That's what I believe, If life was created why would God want us to leave?
G- Genuine love
Truth of the heart, put everyone else above
A- Artistic
Speaking out of my moves, not my lipstick
R- Ready
For anything that's thrown at me
Can't stop me
Remain steady
R- Running
Sometimes from problems, or maybe something else coming  
A- Adventurous
What I hope to be in my future, visiting islands with citrus
Frantically I might seem everywhere at once
As for being normal it's just not my touch
I am a human in this time in era
So say hello to your carer miss Aliyah Segarra <3





16 comments:

  1. That rhyming was great! You are such a great writer and poet, and I respect you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! It was well written and very creative (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your poem and I loved how it was personal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love how you exploited your name, and showed how great it sounded to be you! Keep doing whatever your doing, because your apparently doing it right, and well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly didn't know you were such a good writer. It really hit close to home for me. I really enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aliyah ! I absolutely love this poem. It expresses so much about you and your personality. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked how you included first name and last name. I also liked the acrostic poem of your last name good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic, I really really liked it very personal, says a lot about you and your reference to food made it even more like Aliyah :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aliyah,

    Awesome rhyming in part two! I love how unique and original each rhyme was. "Genuine love... Put everyone else above"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you turned the 2nd part of your writing into an acrostic poem. I also like how you said that each of the words you used in the 2nd half of your writing had a meaning and how you went and expanded your writings to say what the meanings were.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that was the best thing I've ever read in my life. Keep up the good work girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aliyah,

    Awesome rhyming in part two! I love how unique and original each rhyme was. "Genuine love... Put everyone else above"

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved everything about this poem. I love how you said that you were judged from the outside......I loved everything about it..Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The rhyming was great, and the words you used made the poem even more impressive. It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved everything about this poem. I love how you said that you were judged from the outside......I loved everything about it..Good work.

    ReplyDelete